IEEE - CAS Bangalore Chapter, India CAS Chapter - Region 10
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers - Circuits and Systems Society
Goals: To conduct seminars, workshops, and other events pertaining to all aspects of electronic circuits and systems
Events - 2018
All external links open in a New Tab/Window
IEEE WINTECHCON - 2018: Women's Technical Conference
To provide opportunities to women technology leaders from India to present their work in an external forum
Theme: Designing the Future Electronic Systems & Applications
Download Women in Technology – A conference with a difference (Blog - PDF)
Download Call for Participation (PDF)
Right-click/Save As or Click to open in a New Tab
IEEE CAS Bangalore Chapter; In cooperation with IEEE Bangalore Section
and IEEE WiE Council
(IEEE Women in Engineering), Bangalore
28 September 2018 (Friday)
9.00 AM - 5.00 PM
Bangalore (place to be announced)
Sponsorship Opportunity: Companies that wish to sponsor the conference may contact Antaash Sheikh (Antaash@ti.com).
Registration: The conference is open to both IEEE/IEEE-CAS/IEEE WiE members and non-members.
All those who wish to participate as Authors, or for Project Demo, or as Delegates, or as Sponsors, or as Volunteers should first register online at https://goo.gl/forms/SSH5MmWOsyz0KhrV2
and enter all relevant details before June 29
(extended from June 15). All those registered will be intimated subsequently on further details. Participants are expected to make their own travel, stay and transport arrangements.
Paper Submissions are now open! Please use the following steps to submit your work to WinTechCon-2018 till July 15.
Regular paper submission
- Paper submission for WINTECHCON-2018 is processed through EasyChair. If you do not already have an account on EasyChair, you must first create one for yourself on https://easychair.org
- If you wish to submit a proposal for a DEMO, you must submit a set of foils in the format specified below. Convert your Power Point foils to PDF and upload before July 15.
- PPT Template can be downloaded here.
- File size should not exceed 5MB.
- All the coauthors must be shown in the initial submission. No further authors can be added for selected papers.
- Submissions close on 15 July 2018, and all authors will be notified on the status of acceptance.
- Final submissions for the selected papers will be activated with notification.
Call for Papers:
- Women professionals from technology industries (semiconductor/hardware/software) and women teachers/students from engineering colleges may submit papers.
- The principal author and the presenter of the paper must be a woman engineer.
- It is mandatory to adhere to the theme.
- Each paper must be at most 6 pages in length, in IEEE conference format, including figures and tables. The papers will be reviewed by a committee and authors of selected papers will be invited to present their papers. In addition to papers, there will be provision to demonstrate software/hardware projects developed by women. Projects that address humanitarian issues and women's issues through technology are also welcome.
- High-quality manuscripts that describe work carried out by the authors in the areas of the conference mentioned below may be submitted no later than July 15.
- Please do not submit survey papers or tutorials.
- The manuscript must be submitted in PDF format and must be set in IEEE Conference format and must be within a limit of 6 A4 sheets in double column format and 10-point.
- Templates may be downloaded from: https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html
- The primary author of the paper must be a woman.
- If a manuscript is accepted for presentation, the authors will be expected to also submit a final version of the manuscript as well as a set of foils that will be presented at the conference.
- The presenting author of the paper must also be a woman.
- The papers and foils will be made available to all attendees of the conference and will also receive high visibility through IEEE CAS Bangalore.
Areas of the conference: The conference will deal with design, IP, verification, test, software and systems aspects of the following areas. Papers and project demos are being sought in each of these areas.
- IOT: Industrial, Medical and Wearables
- Automotive : Radar, Safety, HEV
- Smart Energy
- Computing - Hyperscale, Cloud, Cognitive, Mobile edge, Quantum
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Personal Electronics
- Roopashree H.M., Texas Instruments (Chair)
- C.P. Ravikumar, Texas Instruments (Advisor)
- Viji Ranganna, Qualcomm
- Rituparna Mandal, Media Tek
- Sumedha Limaye, Intel
- Jaya Singh, Texas Instruments
- Parvathi Rachakonda, IBM
Technical Committee: (Under Construction)
- Rittu Sachdev, Texas Instruments
- Neha Prabhu, Texas Instruments
- Juby Jose, Intel
- Ranjini M, Texas Instruments
- Anjana Ghosh, Canon
- Dr. Seema Chopra, Boeing
- Chaitra M Bhat, IBM
- Divya K Konoor, IBM
Organizing Committee: (Under Construction)
- Mitu Misha, Texas Instruments
- Suhasini Singh, Texas Instruments
- Antaash Sheikh, Texas Instruments
- Annapurna Patil, IEEE WiE, Bangalore
- Deepa Shenoy, IEEE WiE Bangalore
- Sidhartha Mohanty, Intel
|June 15||Indicate interest in participation
|July 15||Deadline for submission of papers
|Aug 1||Online Registration begins
|Aug 28||Communication to authors
|Sep 15||Deadline for registration